On September 19, 2009, Chris Glavine, wife of superstar pitcher Tom Glavine, will host the the 5th Annual “A Tribute to Our Quiet Heroes” luncheon. The event will pay tribute to mothers of children with cancer, whose love and tireless dedication guide their families through an unimaginable journey.
A silent auction will precede lunch and a presentation by Ruth Hoffman, mother of 21 year survivor Naomi and Executive Director of the National Office of Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation. Following Ms. Hoffman’s presentation, a brief live auction featuring once in a lifetime experiences with the Glavine family will take place.
Reservations are $125 per person (except for honored mothers who are free of charge) and can be made at http://www.quietheroes.org. All reservations for honored mothers must be made by returning the invitation’s RSVP card to CURE. To check the availability of invitations, please contact Kristin Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this year’s event, including a listing of auction items, to make reservations and/or to purchase a raffle ticket for a 54″ state of the art plasma television (donated by Design Media Group), a stunning diamond necklace valued at $7780 donated by Solomon Brothers and/or a MacBook Pro, please visit http://www.quietheroes.org.
Thank you to our generous sponsors:
HERO SPONSOR: AirTran Airways, The Glavine Family
CHAMPION SPONSOR: Jack and Donna Kennedy
SUPPORTER SPONSORS: Anonymous, The Coca Cola Company
GUARDIAN SPONSOR: Sylvia Tylka
FRIENDS SPONSOR: The Connor Family
CIRCLE OF MOMS SPONSORS: Taco Mac, Mike and Janis Vollkommer, Cindy and Bobby Bowers, Bonner Custom Homes, Joe Milano, Susan and Joe Miller, World Journal of Surgery, Jay’s Hope Foundation, Ragland & Jones Trial Attorneys, Harris Consulting
MEDIA SPONSORS: 11Alive, Atlanta Magazine
IN KIND SPONSORS: Incredible Southern Poundcakes (Kathy Shepherd, 770-826-0473), Heather’s Flowers (Heather Miller, 678-759-1100), Function, Atlanta Vinyl Binders, Inc., Lynn Crowe Photography, Paper Affair, Philosophy Cosmetics, Mary Kay (Nancy Harris)
HOW YOU CAN HELP CURE THIS MONTH
• Join us on Saturday, August 15, 2009 from 10am – 1pm at select Gymboree locations for “Play for CURE”. Children are invited to play for free! Donations to CURE Childhood Cancer will be accepted, and for anyone who signs up for a Gymboree Membership on August 15th, Gymboree will donate the entire $30 Membership Fee to CURE!
Participating Gymboree locations include: Alpharetta, Sandy Springs, Toco Hills, Mall of Georgia, and Marietta/West Cobb. Visit http://www.gymboreeclasses.com for more information on “Play for CURE.”
• Sponsor the attendance of a mother of a child with cancer to the 5th Annual “A Tribute to Our Quiet Heroes” with a donation of $125
• Purchase a raffle ticket for a 54” plasma television donated by Design Media Group, a $7780 diamond necklace donated by Solomon Brothers Jewelers and/or a MacBook Pro at http://www.quietheroes.org.
• Are you having a birthday? In lieu of gifts or cards, ask people to donate in your honor to CURE.
• Let your kids have a lemonade or snow cone stand in your front yard or at your community pool to benefit CURE.
• Donate Walmart, Target, Publix or Kroger gift cards to CURE for distribution to families in need.